Monday, January 18
- Martin Luther King Day: No School
- Second Semester Classes Begin
- Elementary students Return to Family Groups
- Elementary Early Release
- Skate with the Aces (Contact Parent Forum for additional information athttp://www.polarisk-12.org/parent-forum.html)
- Intensives are off to a great start. Students are engaged in a variety of learning opportunities. Feel free to stop by and visit.
- Over the break, we received word from Kaladi Brother’s that Polaris students have been loud and leaving quite the mess behind in their community room. Due to this, Kaladi Brother’s will no longer allow Polaris students in this room without adult supervision (someone not attending high school). If your child visits after school, please talk with them about how to behave in a place of business, being respectful and responsible. Kaladi Brother’s has been one of our School Business Partners for years and would like to continue this positive relationship.
- The Anchorage School District has reviewed budget input received from Community Meetings and Thought Exchange. We appreciate all who participated and value your input. Public release of budget recommendations will be available January 21. There will be two School Board Readings, February 1st & 16th, with presentation to the Anchorage Assembly in March. Thank you again for your input and support.
- Required Notice to Parents: 2016 Climate and Connectedness Student Survey – Grades 3 - 12 only
- The 2016 Climate and Connectedness Student Survey is being administered to provide schools with information about perceptions and experiences related to school climate and student connectedness for use in setting school goals and resources. This is an annual survey implemented and analyzed by the ASD Assessment and Evaluation department with assistance of the American Institutes of Research. The survey will be taken February 8 - February 26, 2016.
- This survey does not require parental permission and is administered to students in grades 3 - 12. If parents would like to request that their student does not complete this survey, please contact your student’s school. This message serves as a notice to parents about this upcoming survey.
- Please follow or type this link to review a copy of the survey:http://www.asdk12.org/ae/surveys/climateandconnectedness/
2/3: Elementary Early Release
2/10: Advisory Board 3:15; Parent Forum 4:30
2/12: Secondary Dance
2/15: President’s Day: No School
2/17: Elementary Early Release/Secondary PLC Day
2/18: Family Skate Night at Skateland
2/19: In-service Day: No School
2/22-2/23: All School Seminar 8:30-9:20 a.m.
3/2: Elementary Early Release
3/9: Advisory Board 3:15; Parent Forum 4:30
3/10: Science Night
3/11: In-service Day: No School
3/14-3:18: Spring Break: No School
3/24: ASD Lottery Applications Due
3/28: AMP Testing Begins
3/29: Science SBA; Grades 4, 8, 10
3/30: Elementary Early Release/Secondary PLC Day
3/31-4/1: AMP Testing for grades 7/8
4/1: School Auction
4/4-4/5: AMP Testing for grades 3, 6
4/6: Advisory Board 3:15; Parent Forum 4:30
4/6-4/7: AMP Testing for grades 4/5
4/11-4/12: AMP Testing for grades 9/10
4/13: Elementary Early Release/Secondary PLC Day
4/15: Student Led Conferences: No School
4/20-22: School Play
4/22: Student Led Conferences: No School
4/26: Elementary Music Concert 9:30
4/27: Band/Orchestra Concert 8:30
4/27: Elementary Early Release
4/29: Advisory Day
5/2: Intensives Begin
5/11: Elementary Early Release
5/17: Graduation 7:00 p.m. UAA Wendy Williamson
5/19: Last Day of School: All School Picnic