Wednesday, February 10
- Advisory Board 3:15; Parent Forum 4:30
- Secondary Dance
- President’s Day: No School
- Congratulations to student Owen Umatum for being awarded the Polarian Award. Go tohttp://www.polarisk-12.org/polarian-award for more information on Owen and other recipients of this award.
- CHILI COOK OFF! FEBRUARY 17th from 11:20-12:20
- Tia's Family Group will be hosting our second Chili Cook Off! to raise money for our upcoming overnight trip to Seward. Come join us on February 17th from 11:20-12:20 in room 223 for all you can eat chili! Tickets in to the event are $5.00 and will include your bowl for chili, a slice of bread, a drink of choice. There will be a variety of chilis available, including a gluten free option! Please join us!
- Pennies for Patients This year’s Pennies for Patients fundraiser will begin on February 1. Our goal for the year is to raise $11,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. LLS works with children who have blood cancers, and they help to support their families in so many wonderful ways.
- There are many ways you can help to support our fundraising efforts. There are contests between the family groups and advisories so you may choose to donate directly to your child’s class. You can also make donations to LLS and give those to Nurse Patty. Soon there will be a website posted for online donations as well. Ask your child’s teacher for details.
- If you want to write a check, please make it out to LLS.
- Other ideas include:
- Set up collection containers at your job and/or ask your friends to do the same
- Buy a paper penny from Nurse Patty to hang in the foyer
- Work with your child’s teacher to run a bake sale or something similar
- Donate all of the change you find in your couch or car
- Ask local businesses to donate to the cause
- Support the different events the students at Polaris come up with to raise money for their class
- Attend the Skateland party on February 18 with your friends and family
- Volunteer to do something crazy if your child’s class raises a certain mount of money (get duct taped to a wall, pie in the face, dye your hair blue, etc.)
- Be creative and have fun
- The last day of our fundraiser is April 15. If you have any questions please contact Nurse Patty.
- Parents - Is your child performing at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore Talent Show, on Saturday, February 20th?
- Two groups will be performing in front of the fireplace, between 11:00 and 3:00:
- Group 1: every student in grades K-5 will be singing and playing instruments! This is the BEST close-up opportunity to watch your child playing xylophones and see what they've been learning in music! Each grade level (K/1, 2/3, 4/5) will be performing for 30 minutes. The times and schedule will be coming in a week or two.
- Group 2: any MS/HS/alumni students AND their friends and family members who would like to perform. If you have a musical family, you're child has been practicing or taking lessons (piano, instrumental, acting, TKD, etc.), or you or your child is part of a group of talented friends, this event is a great opportunity to entertain others AND raise money for Polaris.
- Questions? Contact Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text her cell, 744-2523.
- If you would like to volunteer to help at one of the activities for kids (and we ALWAYS need help!) please contact Polaris' event coordinator, Svetlana Burton, at email@example.com.
- Each month Allie's Advisory will be collecting a different item for the Brother Francis Shelter of Anchorage. This month the shelter is in need of shampoo and body wash. There is a collection bin in the middle of the lobby. Thank you in advance, your generosity is greatly appreciated!
Save the Date:
2/17: Elementary Early Release/Secondary PLC Day
2/18: Family Skate Night at Skateland 6:00-8:30
2/19: In-service Day: No School
2/20: Book Fair at Barnes & Noble 11:00-3:00
2/22-2/23: All School Seminar 8:30-9:20 a.m.
3/2: Elementary Early Release
3/8: Intensives Calendars Go Home
3/9: Advisory Board 3:15; Parent Forum 4:30
3/10: Science Night
3/11: In-service Day: No School
3/14-3:18: Spring Break: No School
3/22: Elementary Intensive Choices Due
3/24: ASD Lottery Applications Due
3/28: AMP Testing Begins
3/29: Science SBA; Grades 4, 8, 10
3/30: Elementary Early Release/Secondary PLC Day
3/31-4/1: AMP Testing for grades 7/8
4/1: School Auction
4/4-4/5: AMP Testing for grades 3, 6
4/5: Intensive Scholarship Applications Due to the Office by 8:30 a.m.
4/6: Advisory Board 3:15; Parent Forum 4:30
4/6-4/7: AMP Testing for grades 4/5
4/11-4/12: AMP Testing for grades 9/10
4/13: Elementary Early Release/Secondary PLC Day
4/15: Intensive Fees Due
4/15: Student Led Conferences: No School
4/20-22: School Play
4/22: Student Led Conferences: No School
4/26: Elementary Music Concert 9:30
4/27: Band/Orchestra Concert 8:30
4/27: Elementary Early Release
4/29: Advisory Day
5/2: Intensives Begin
5/11: Elementary Early Release
5/17: Graduation 7:00 p.m. UAA Wendy Williamson
5/19: Last Day of School: All School Picnic