Wednesday, February 3
- Elementary Early Release
- Parents - Is your child performing at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore Talent Show, on Saturday, February 20th?
- Two groups will be performing in front of the fireplace, between 11:00 and 3:00:
- Group 1: every student in grades K-5 will be singing and playing instruments! This is the BEST close-up opportunity to watch your child playing xylophones and see what they've been learning in music! Each grade level (K/1, 2/3, 4/5) will be performing for 30 minutes. The times and schedule will be coming in a week or two.
- Group 2: any MS/HS/alumni students AND their friends and family members who would like to perform. If you have a musical family, you're child has been practicing or taking lessons (piano, instrumental, acting, TKD, etc.), or you or your child is part of a group of talented friends, this event is a great opportunity to entertain others AND raise money for Polaris.
- Questions? Contact Kathy at email@example.com or call/text her cell, 744-2523.
- If you would like to volunteer to help at one of the activities for kids (and we ALWAYS need help!) please contact Polaris' event coordinator, Svetlana Burton, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, February 1st is your last day to purchase a guaranteed copy of your 2016 Polaris Yearbook. A variety of payment options are available when you order online using the quick link on the Polaris homepage. Or pick up an order form in the front office. LIMITED QUANTITIES REMAINING. Only 44 hardbound books and 39 softbound books left!
- Each month Allie's Advisory will be collecting a different item for the Brother Francis Shelter of Anchorage. This month the shelter is in need of shampoo and body wash. There is a collection bin in the middle of the lobby. Thank you in advance, your generosity is greatly appreciated!
Save the Date:
2/10: Advisory Board 3:15; Parent Forum 4:30
2/12: Secondary Dance
2/15: President’s Day: No School
2/17: Elementary Early Release/Secondary PLC Day
2/18: Family Skate Night at Skateland 6:00-8:30
2/19: In-service Day: No School
2/20: Book Fair at Barnes & Noble 11:00-3:00
2/22-2/23: All School Seminar 8:30-9:20 a.m.
3/2: Elementary Early Release
3/9: Advisory Board 3:15; Parent Forum 4:30
3/10: Science Night
3/11: In-service Day: No School
3/14-3:18: Spring Break: No School
3/24: ASD Lottery Applications Due
3/28: AMP Testing Begins
3/29: Science SBA; Grades 4, 8, 10
3/30: Elementary Early Release/Secondary PLC Day
3/31-4/1: AMP Testing for grades 7/8
4/1: School Auction
4/4-4/5: AMP Testing for grades 3, 6
4/6: Advisory Board 3:15; Parent Forum 4:30
4/6-4/7: AMP Testing for grades 4/5
4/11-4/12: AMP Testing for grades 9/10
4/13: Elementary Early Release/Secondary PLC Day
4/15: Student Led Conferences: No School
4/20-22: School Play
4/22: Student Led Conferences: No School
4/26: Elementary Music Concert 9:30
4/27: Band/Orchestra Concert 8:30
4/27: Elementary Early Release
4/29: Advisory Day
5/2: Intensives Begin
5/11: Elementary Early Release
5/17: Graduation 7:00 p.m. UAA Wendy Williamson
5/19: Last Day of School: All School Picnic